Maryland Youth Advisory Council 2019-2020 Application
If you would like to be a voice for youth in Maryland, please fill out this application. Council members must be 14-22 years of age on September 1, 2019. Members must serve a two year term (September 1 until August 31) and cannot serve more than one term.
Council members are appointed by the:
- Governor of Maryland,
- President of the Senate,
- Speaker of the House of Delegates.
- The Governor’s Office for Children appoints Council Members nominated by the:
- Maryland Association of Student Councils,
- University System of Maryland,
- Maryland Higher Education Commission, and
- Association of Local Management Boards.
Council members will be selected with consideration towards gender, race, and geographic area to ensure a diverse representation of Maryland’s youth statewide.
Application submissions must include:
1. Completed application;
2. One letter of recommendation; and
The form linked above will guide you through the process of completing the first application component. The letter of recommendation and resume must then be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Christina Drushel Williams at email@example.com, 410-697-9242.
The deadline for applications is July 1, 2019.