Notice of Funding Availability – FY18 Community Partnership Agreement
A corrected Notice of Funding Availability was issued on January 27, 2017. For the full text, please download the corrected document using the .pdf or MS Word link below.
The budget form is also available in Excel format below:
This Notice of Funding Availability provides an opportunity for local jurisdictions, through their Local Management Boards (Boards) working jointly with key stakeholders, to:
- Build on their Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) planning, including an examination of the four Strategic Goals – Disconnected/Opportunity Youth, Impact of Incarceration on Children, Families and Communities, Youth Homelessness, and Childhood Hunger – to show they have identified the critical needs in the community;
- Present how they are meeting those needs; and
- Use the Results Scorecard to demonstrate that programs/strategies are effective in addressing the identified needs.
As in FY17, Boards are encouraged to focus on Governor Hogan’s goal of ensuring economic opportunity for Maryland’s struggling families through strategies that will:
- Reduce the impact of parental incarceration on children, youth, families, and communities;
- Reduce the number of Disconnected/Opportunity Youth (aged 16-24, not working and not attending school);
- Reduce childhood hunger; and
- Reduce the number of unaccompanied homeless youth under age 25 and not in the physical custody of a parent, guardian or relative.
This FY18 Notice of Funding Availability is for a 12-month award for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. Future funding will be based upon the outcomes and performance demonstrated by the jurisdiction and funding availability.
Deadline: April 24, 2017, 5 p.m.
- Strategic Direction Meeting – On September 10, 2015, the Governor’s Office for Children (the Office) met with Local Management Boards to discuss the Children’s Cabinet funding strategy through Fiscal Year 2019.
- Notice of Funding Availability Powerpoint Presentation – On January 27, 2017, the Office met with Local Management Boards to present the FY18 Notice of Funding Availability process.
Question and Answer Recaps
The Governor’s Office for Children has issued a number of Question and Answer documents related to the FY18 Notice of Funding Availability.
FY18 Notice of Funding Availability Question and Answer Recap #1 (January 17, 2017)
FY18 Notice of Funding Availability Question and Answer Recap #2 (January 27, 2017)
FY18 Notice of Funding Availability Question and Answer Recap #3 (February 22, 2017)
FY18 Notice of Funding Availability Question and Answer Recap #4 (February 27, 2017)
In January 2016, the Office issued a Frequently Asked Question document that addressed general questions about the process for Local Management Board funding in FY17 and what the Boards are being asked to do to address Governor Hogan’s goals.